Fun facts about sharks
- Sharks do not have bones.
- Most sharks have good eyesight.
- Sharks have special electroreceptor organs.
- Sharkskin feels similar to sandpaper.
- Sharks can go into a trance.
- Sharks have been around a very long time.
- Scientists age sharks by counting the rings on their vertebrae.
- Blue sharks are really blue.
- Each whale shark’s spot pattern is unique as a fingerprint.
- Some species of sharks have a spiracle that allows them to pull water into their respiratory system while at rest. Most sharks have to keep swimming to pump water over their gills.
- Not all sharks have the same teeth.
- Different shark species reproduce in different ways. More information here
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. Full disclosure policy here.