Mini Cheese and Tomato Pizzas for Kids
- 224 g strong bread flour
- 120 ml of warm water
- ½ tsp dried fast-action yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- tomato puree
- 1 packet of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 Large tomato
Would you like our Dan The Gardener & Friends FREE Activity Book for kids packed full of colouring-in, dot to dot, word searches, recycling tips and diary sheets plus much more?
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Baking tray
- Cling film
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- A tablespoon
- Knife for spreading
- Small sharp knife
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. Full disclosure policy here.
- Sift the strong bread flour into the mixing bowl.
- Then add the yeast and salt, followed by the sunflower seeds.
- Add the water and oil, and stir the mixture together to form a dough.
- Prepare a clean work surface.
- Sprinkle strong bread flour on the surface, and place the dough ready to knead.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. (see Nan Fran’s kitchen definitions, which will explain how to knead.
- Oil the clean mixing bowl, place the dough in it. Put oil on the cling film and place oil side down on the bowl.
Leave for 45 minutes to allow the dough to rise.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180 C ask an adult to help with this.
- Make your dough into any shape you wish your mini pizzas to be this could be rectangles, circles etc. Then roll the edges to make a crust.
- Spread the tomato puree on in a thick layer making sure it covers the dough.
- Slice the tomato and cut the cheese and add them to the pizza bases and further toppings if you wish.
- Flour the baking tray and cook for 15 minutes (make sure you ask an adult to help you, with using the oven)
- Cut the pizza into slices and serve them onto plates.