This is a traditional recipe Nan Fran got from a friend the rosemary can be replaced by lavender for a similar herby floral effect.
The biscuits are sweet and savoury and delicious with a cup of tea.
Ingredients for Rosemary Shortbread:
8 ouncesflour 4 ouncesbutter
- 2 ounces of sugar
- 1 ounce of dried rosemary (finely chopped)
- Baking tray and biscuit cutter
Would you like our Dan The Gardener & Friends FREE Activity Book for kids packed full of colouring-in, dot to dot, word searches, recycling tips and diary sheets plus much more?
Method for Rosemary Shortbread
- Sift the flour into a large bowl
- Add the butter in small chunks and begin to work it in with your fingers
- Now add the sugar and rosemary and keep on working the mixture
- Form a ball out of the mixture, if it is too crumbly add a little bit more butter, if it is not dry enough add a little flour, now put the ball in some cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the mixture out on a floured surface until it is half a
- Cut your biscuits from the mixture and put them on a floured baking tray
- Use a fork to prick each biscuit and sprinkle a little sugar on top
- Put the biscuits in the middle of the oven at 150 degrees for 25 minutes, check the biscuits at 15 minutes to check that they are baking ok.
- Now it’s time to enjoy the best part and eat your biscuits.