Sunflower Seed Bread
- 224 g strong bread flour
- 120 ml of warm water
- ½ tsp dried fast-action yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 heaped tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Baking tin
- Cling film
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- A tablespoon
- A teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180 C ask an adult to help with this.
- Sift the strong bread flour into the mixing bowl.
- Then add the yeast and salt, followed by the sunflower seeds.
- Add the water and oil, and stir the mixture together to form a dough.
- Prepare a clean work surface. Sprinkle strong bread flour on the surface, and place the dough ready to knead.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. (see Nan Fran’s kitchen definitions, which will explain how to knead)
- Oil the clean mixing bowl, place the dough in it. Put oil on the cling film and place oil side down on the bowl.
- Leave for 45 minutes to allow the dough to rise.
- Dust the baking tin with flour and place the dough into the tin.
- Cook for 15 minutes (make sure you ask an adult to help you, with using the oven)
- Put it on wire rack to cool, once cool turn the tin over and bang it so the bread eases out.
- Serve warm or cold.