Here are 5 fun facts about Rockets that are out of this world:
- The first rockets were used to launch about 800 years ago
- Before sending humans to space, scientists sent dogs and monkeys
- In April 1961, the first human used a giant rocket to journey into outer space. He circled the Earth for 108 minutes.
- It takes a rocket only 8 minutes to accelerate to a speed of 15,000 miles per hour / 24.000 kilometers per hour
- In order to burst through the gravity of Earth, a rocket must travel at speeds of 7 miles per second / 11 kilometers per second. That’s even faster than a cheetah, the fastest animal on Earth! It takes a very special, fearless person to explore the universe. Do you think you are brave enough to fly a rocket into space?
Would you like our Dan The Gardener & Friends FREE Activity Book for kids packed full of colouring-in, dot to dot, word searches, recycling tips and diary sheets plus much more?